Thursday, 4 December 2014

I can’t breathe -James Downs

I can’t breathe
-James Downs
12-04-14
-
"Equal justice under the law...
Equal justice under the law...
Equal justice under the law...
Equal justice under the law"
-
"No justice, no peace...
No justice, no peace...
No justice, no peace...
No justice, no peace"
-
"I can't breathe...
I can't breathe...
I can't breathe...
I can't breathe"
-
All that has come to mean "Peace"
In the past is just another sweeping it
Under a rug and forgetting about whole
Sections of our citizens.  No more sweeping
It away. Keep it in front of the country's collective
Consciousness.  Do something to affect change.
-
"Equal protection under the law?
No justice, no peace...I can't breathe."
-
-
James Downs
12-04-14
Poem about my reaction to not indicting the cop yesterday
in New York City who murdered unarmed citizen Eric Garner|


No comments:

Post a Comment