Thursday, 5 June 2014

FIRST DATES AND EXES Black Angel

FIRST DATES AND EXES
Somehow
between the third and fourth
glass of wine
we end up
talking about
exes.
Exes
the kind that come around for quickies
every now and then.
Between
the sixth and seventh
glass of wine
I kind of get jealous
because you started
talking about
raunchy hook ups.
Raunchy hook ups
the kind that go down in McDonalds playpens
just before they stop serving Egg McMuffins.
You know?
raunchy hook ups
the kind that go down in backseats of broken-down jeeps
in abandoned parking lots.
Between
the eighth and ninth
glass of wine
I have to tell you
I don't meant to beat dead horses
or throw salt on snails on rainy days
but I'd rather sit through 100 Easter sermons
than sit around
talking about
exes.
And it's not that I hate all Christians,
Soph!
I just hate Christian,
your ex-boyfriend.
- Black Angel


1 comment:

  1. Hiya Black Angel, I really like the technique of sharing the number of glasses of wine to progress the story. Effective and kept me interested the whole poem. Good imagery and I definitely liked the conclusion; nice one. Cheers, msdebbie :)

    ReplyDelete