Thursday, 17 April 2014

What is the price of love April poetry month 15/4/2014 April 15, 2014 at 12:26am

What is the price of love April poetry month 15/4/2014
April 15, 2014 at 12:26am

WHAT IS THE PRICE OF LOVE
(C) James WF Roberts

Midnight embraces
Darkest desires
You can dream,
By the firelight
With your fingers

In my hair
You trace out the days to come...
My head in your lap
The night is only ours.
Your song fills my heart
With heavenly tunes,
I strum and pluck
Another world
Into creation.

Turn away from the past
What are you hiding from?
What is the price of love?
What is the price of passion?
What is this fire burning so wild within?
What is the price of love?

Mind in a labyrinth
You're chasing me one minute
Scurrying away the next...


What is the price of love?
But, love is the only true fire
Burning within us all.
Touch of your lips
Upon my flesh
Touch of my lips
Upon your flesh....
Lost in my obsession

Lost in your endless cycle
Drowning in our own
Self-inflicted addictions
What is the price of love...

Upon this little green hill
Shall we watch the blood moon rise
What is the price of love?
Shut out the world,

Just listen to my words

Falling upon your heart

Temperature rises,

Is it time for our motors
To re-start?
What is the price of love?
What is the price of pleasure?
What is the price of love?
Lost all control

Hidden in a daze
Of childish pride
Ordered chaos,
Can you tell me
What is the price of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment